Click Here or dial 1-800-273-8255 for the suicide prevention hotline.
Click Here or dial 512-267-7233 for access to SafePlace Austin, a domestic abuse shelter.
Resources for Individuals
- The Female Brain by Louanne Brizendine, M.D.
- The Male Brain by Louanne Brizendine, M.D.
- In an Unspoken Voice by Dr. Peter A. Levine
- The Body Remembers by Babette Rothschild
- The Developing Mind by Daniel J. Siegel
- Mindsight by Daniel J. Siegel
- The Body Keeps the Score by Bessel Van Der Kolk
- Self Compassion: The Proven Power of Being Kind to Ourselves by Kristen Neff
Resources for Parents
- How to Talk so Kids Will Listen & Listen so Kids Will Talk by Adele Faber and Elaine Mazlish
- How to Talk so Teens Will Listen & Listen so Teens Will Talk by Adele Faber and Elaine Mazlish
- The Happiest Baby on the Block by Harvey Karpe, M.D.
- Trauma Through a Child's Eyes by Peter A. Levine and Maggie Kline
- Becoming Attached by Robert Karen
- American Girls: Social Media and the Secret Lives of Teenagers by Nancy Jo Sales
- The Whole-Brain Child by Daniel J. Siegel
- No Drama Discipline by Daniel J. Siegel
- Brainstorm: The Power and Purpose of the Teenage Brain by Daniel J. Siegel
Resources for couples
- The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman
- The Relationship Cure by John Gottman
- The Seven Principles for Making a Marriage Work by John Gottman and Nan Silver
- Hold Me Tight by Sue Johnson
- Love Sense by Sue Johnson
- Come as You Are: The Surprising New Science That Will Transform Your Sex Life by Emily Nagoski
- Mating in Captivity by Esther Perel
- The State of Affairs Rethinking Infidelity by Esther Perel
- Wired for Love by Stan Tatkin
RESOURCES FOR NEW PARENTS
- Like a Mother: A Feminist Journey Through the Science and Culture of Pregnancy by Angela Garbes
- This Isn't What I Expected: Overcoming Postpartum Depression by Karen Kleiman
- Moods in Motion: A Coloring and Healing Book for Postpartum Moms by Karen Kleiman
- The Postpartum Husband: Practical Solutions for Living With Postpartum Depression by Karen Kleiman
- Joy at the End of the Rainbow: A Guide for Pregnancy After a Loss by Amanda Ross-White